Friday 15 April 2016

Journal entry

Journal entry.
I push open the door, I take a deep breath, The look on the nurse's face wasn't good, my tummys a roller coaster looping constantly. I take a seat. Don looked up at me with such innocence. He leaned over to say something. “I'm a gonner Billy.” At that moment I thought back to all the times in the mines, then Don took another breath. “What about the strike,” he said. I sat and waited, remembering as he closed his eyes. It was an awful time in Waihi when my dad used to fight against the black leg. He tried to get some words out “I was a black leg.”
He confessed.
I didn't know what to do. I felt sick. Could I of been with a traitor all this time. And now I see that I wasted my time, I wasted my friendship, in the war. Although I didn't feel completely torn apart, it was like I was glad and relieved at the same time.The question I will always ask till the end is
“Was war really worth it?”  

No comments:

Post a Comment